Every Indian has a unique proof of their identity in an Aadhaar Card. This is a card that each Indian possesses, and is an official tool of Indian citizenship with biometric and demographic details of any given Indian. Issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India, or UIDAI, each Indian is eligible for an Aadhaar Card and must have one. To verify Aadhaar details, simple online methods can be used, but what is verification used for and what does it entail?
What is UIDAI Aadhaar Card Verification?
The procedure to verify Aadhaar Card details and their existence, is called Aadhaar Card verification. Typically, when any official entity, such as a bank, asks for your Aadhaar Card to support eligibility criteria to apply for products, Aadhaar Card verification takes place. The Aadhaar Card acts as your proof of identity and your residence proof, and may be requested as a supporting document when you apply for loans, or a credit card. Moreover, your Aadhaar details will be verified if you avail any banking services, like opening a bank account, and even for making investments.
The Importance of Verification
It is important that Aadhaar Card details are in order, and any discrepancies may be corrected at the earliest. Hence, the importance of UIDAI Aadhaar Card verification lies in the fact that an individual’s details like age, gender, residence address, etc, should be accurate. Here are some key reasons why it verification is significant:
- When Aadhaar Card details are verified, several issues that may lead to discrepancies and confusion are eliminated. Verification ensures that accurate and updated information appears on this card, which is vital as a supportive document in India. Through verification, the detection of false information can be carried out and this has been noted in the experience of UIDAI authorities.
- Verification of the UIDAI Aadhaar Card determines that an Aadhaar Card is an original document and not a fake.
- In case the card is not verified, exposure to misuse of the card is possible and this leads to complex problems like fraud. This defeats the original purpose of having an Aadhaar Card at all.
How to Verify Aadhaar Cards
A quick and easy verification process, online, helps you to verify your UIDAI Aadhaar Card and any authority seeking to do so. You can do an online verification through the following steps:
- You must visit the official Aadhaar website at https://uidai.gov.in.
- Locate the tab that says ‘Aadhaar Services’. You may find this at the lower half of the page.
- Click on the ‘Aadhaar Services’ tab and you will reach another section that says ‘Verify an Aadhaar Number’. After you click on this, another page will pop up.
- In the given field, enter your twelve-digit ‘Unique ID Number’.
- You will see a Captcha verification come up. You need to enter this and verify your request.
- You will see a slot that says ‘Proceed to Verify’. When you click on this, the verification process of your Aadhaar Card is concluded.