There are so many error codes which may arise when a user is using Outlook. If you are an outlook user and facing the same Outlook Error [pii_email_b944fa6a8fe72e601aa8], then this read is for you. Here we will be going to discuss the methods through which you can easily resolve the issue and use it easily.
Verify all SMTP email addresses in the distribution list
If one SMTP address in a distribution list is corrupted or incorrectly formed, error can occur. You should examine all email addresses in the distribution list to make sure that they are correct. Additionally, you can send individual test email messages to each distribution list member to identify invalid email addresses.
- Start Outlook.
- On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
- Click to select the target POP3 account, and then click Change.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Gradually increase the server time-out setting until the issue is resolved.
Warning This workaround may make a computer or a network more vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as viruses. We do not recommend this workaround but are providing this information so that you can implement this workaround at your own discretion. Use this workaround at your own risk.
Configure your firewall software to enable the following files to access the Internet:
- Outlook.exe (for Outlook)
- Msimn.exe (for Outlook Express)
By default, port 25 is for outgoing access, and port 110 is for incoming access. If you are not sure about the ports, contact your ISP or system administrator.
To start Outlook in safe mode, follow these steps, as appropriate for the operating system that you have installed.
Windows 10, 8.1 , 8, 7, or Windows Vista
- In Windows 10, select the search box in the task bar. In Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. In Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click Start.
- In the Search box, type outlook.exe /safe.
- Press Enter.